Welcome to the Waterloo Region Integrated Drugs Strategy
The strategy’s vision is to make Waterloo Region safer and healthier. Its mission is to prevent, reduce or eliminate problematic substance use and its consequences.
Drugs Strategy News and Updates
- Waterloo Region Commemorates International Overdose Awareness Day – thank you to all of you who joined us, helped out and showed your support for Overdose Awareness Day on August 21st (Cambridge) and 27th (Kitchener). A big ‘thank you’ to those who donated money, food, water and buttons (Canadian Addiction Treatment Centres, Pillers, Westons Bakery, M&M Food Markets, Glenbriar Water, and oneROOF Youth Services)! Read more about the events and the cause here.
- OVERDOSE ALERT WATERLOO REGION: AUGUST 3, 2017 - PLEASE CLICK HERE.
- 'Overdose can Impact Anyone's Family' - An Important Message regarding Substance Use and Youth from Waterloo Regional Police, the Chief Medical Officer, and our School Boards
- Looking for information about overdose in our Region? Our 2nd 2017 Waterloo Region Overdose Bulletin is now available here.
- Attention Parents and Caregivers...would you like information on opioids (including Fentanyl) and preventing overdose? Please click here for an information package.
If you are looking for information and support for the Guelph/Wellington area, or would like to visit the Wellington Guelph Drugs Strategy please click here.
Thank you to our volunteer Tonya who helped make this website possible!