Welcome to the Waterloo Region Integrated Drugs Strategy
The strategy’s vision is to make Waterloo Region safer and healthier. Its mission is to prevent, reduce or eliminate problematic substance use and its consequences.
Drugs Strategy News and Updates
- 'Overdose can Impact Anyone's Family' - An Important Message regarding Substance Use and Youth from Waterloo Regional Police, the Chief Medical Officer, and our School Boards
- Looking for information about overdose in our Region? Our 1st 2017 Waterloo Region Overdose Bulletin is now available here.
- Do you have questions about substance use and youth? Need tools and resources to start a conversation? We have added new resources to our Games and Resources Page for Youth, Parents and Teachers.
- Attention Parents and Caregivers...would you like information on opioids (including Fentanyl) and preventing overdose? Please click here for an information package.
- Thank you to our Service Providers and Speakers who attended our Opioid Awareness Workshop on December 16th. Presentations from the event can be accessed below:
- Ian Young - Fentanyl (Policing Perspective)
- Michael Beazely - Opioids
- Kelly Grindrod - Naloxone
- Robert Crossan - Paramedic Experience & Risks to Responders
- OVERDOSE ALERT ISSUED - DECEMBER 5th, 2016 - CARFENTANIL IN FOUND IN WATERLOO REGION
If you are looking for information and support for the Guelph/Wellington area, or would like to visit the Wellington Guelph Drugs Strategy please click here.
Thank you to our volunteer Tonya who helped make this website possible!