Welcome to the Waterloo Region Integrated Drugs Strategy
The strategy’s vision is to make Waterloo Region safer and healthier. Its mission is to prevent, reduce or eliminate problematic substance use and its consequences.
Drugs Strategy News and Updates
- Take time to have a supportive conversation with youth in your life about substance use. Need help starting the conversation? Need more information? We've got the tools to help. Please click here for a message from our local school boards, Waterloo Regional Police and Region of Waterloo Public Health.
- Overdose Alert Waterloo Region: October 26, 2017 - Cyclopropyl Fentanyl
- Overdose Alert Waterloo Region: October 24, 2017 - Powdered Carfentanil
- Overdose Alert Waterloo Region: August 3, 2017 - Xanax and Alcohol
- Looking for information about overdose in our Region? Our 3rd 2017 Waterloo Region Overdose Bulletin is now available here.
- Attention Parents and Caregivers...would you like information on opioids (including Fentanyl) and preventing overdose? Please click here for an information package.
If you are looking for information and support for the Guelph/Wellington area, or would like to visit the Wellington Guelph Drugs Strategy please click here.
Thank you to our volunteer Tonya who helped make this website possible!