Welcome to the Waterloo Region Integrated Drugs Strategy
The strategy’s vision is to make Waterloo Region safer and healthier. Its mission is to prevent, reduce or eliminate problematic substance use and its consequences.
Drugs Strategy News and Updates
- Interested in learning more about Substance Use, Harm Reduction and Supervised Injection Services? Attend a free community forum on December 13th, 2017 in Cambridge. Please click here for more information.
- Overdose Alert Waterloo Region: October 26, 2017 - Cyclopropyl Fentanyl
- Overdose Alert Waterloo Region: October 24, 2017 - Powdered Carfentanil
- Overdose Alert Waterloo Region: August 3, 2017 - Xanax and Alcohol
- 'Overdose can Impact Anyone's Family' - An Important Message regarding Substance Use and Youth from Waterloo Regional Police, the Chief Medical Officer, and our School Boards
- Looking for information about overdose in our Region? Our 3rd 2017 Waterloo Region Overdose Bulletin is now available here.
- Attention Parents and Caregivers...would you like information on opioids (including Fentanyl) and preventing overdose? Please click here for an information package.
If you are looking for information and support for the Guelph/Wellington area, or would like to visit the Wellington Guelph Drugs Strategy please click here.
Thank you to our volunteer Tonya who helped make this website possible!