Welcome to the Waterloo Region Integrated Drugs Strategy
The strategy’s vision is to make Waterloo Region safer and healthier. Its mission is to prevent, reduce or eliminate problematic substance use and its consequences.
Drugs Strategy News and Updates
- Attention Parents and Caregivers...would you like information on opioids (including Fentanyl) and preventing overdose? Please click here for an information package.
- Have you, or someone you know, experienced an overdose? Please take a few minutes to anonymously report it at www.omars.ca or visit our omars page.
- Do you know someone at risk of an opioid overdose? Do you need Naloxone? The Ministry of Health and Long Term Care has launched a website to help you find naloxone at a pharmacy near you: Ontario.ca/OpioidOverdose
- Thank you to our Service Providers and Speakers who attended our Opioid Awareness Workshop on December 16th. Presentations from the event can be accessed below:
- Ian Young - Fentanyl (Policing Perspective)
- Michael Beazely - Opioids
- Kelly Grindrod - Naloxone
- Robert Crossan - Paramedic Experience & Risks to Responders
- OVERDOSE ALERT ISSUED - DECEMBER 5th, 2016 - CARFENTANIL IN FOUND IN WATERLOO REGION
If you are looking for information and support for the Guelph/Wellington area, or would like to visit the Wellington Guelph Drugs Strategy please click here.
Thank you to our volunteer Tonya who helped make this website possible!